Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Crafty Lil Thing

So...I have, as of late, been totally inspired by the Nesting Place blog. It's always chock full of delicious and affordable decorating ideas. I recently copied the barn star look The Nester had on display in her house. And, while I agree with her in that barn stars can be cliche, they are still better than any alternative I could think of at the moment. And, I un-ashamedly love them. What do you think of this constellation?

Moving on to window mistreatments. I think my creativity and perfectionism are duking it out right about now. This has been an ongoing project that I am determined to finish. I think I missed the point in making these myself b/c I am sure they would have been far less expensive had I just bought valances. But - OH NO - I can do anything and I will not be proven wrong. Especially by the wary glances of a husband who thinks I am in over my head. Even if I do completely fall off the kitchen table trying to hang them, simultaneously putting a gash in my leg and the table. All while dusting the window sill with my left hand, mopping the floor with my right and preparing a delicious broiled fish dinner. I am woman, hear me roar.


And...if you have any suggestions on how to finish these, I would appreciate the help:).

4 comments:

The 4 Pierces said...

ha ha! You make me laugh. You know I can help you when I get there in a couple of weeks....

Brett and Catherine said...

I'm laughing out loud at this one. Too funny - you inspire me to decorate, you always have great stuff in your house, even if it is cliche barn stars, you still make them look great.

Angela said...

Katie! I can't believe it, we are soul mates, seriously. I'm staying with my mother-in-law this week and she's trying to teach me to sew b/c I want to make valances for my kitchen, b/c I've searched far and wide and I hate everything I find but love love love the beautiful fabrics in fabric stores. Sigh. You have to get yours to work so I have hope!! Oh, and painting, not really happening right now. Double Sigh.

Katie Reeder said...

Ang, I will totally come help you paint! Wait for my post about how I painted an entire room the wrong color but wouldn't admit until I was done, then had to go back and prime it and repaint it! Agh! And...I totally ripped the curtains down. I need to take a deep breath and get myself together before I start again. Sigh. When you learn how to sew, come help me!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin