Wednesday, July 8, 2009

13.1

I signed Dan up for a half marathon. I asked him to sign up with me only about 588 times and finally I broke him and he said "fine. just do it". Which, in my mind, sounded much more enthusiastic -- more like, "That sounds SUPER fun! I'll get new shoes and we can train together after work and this is just the GREATEST day of my life and if we're lucky, we can hold hands during miles 12 and 13 while hula hooping." You see, the thing about me is I often hear things differently -- or at least interpret them differently -- than people intend.

So I signed us up. Dan got new shoes and we've got plane tickets to San Antonio. We're running with our friends, Brett and Catherine, and it's November 15 -- just about a month after our third anniversary -- a great getaway to celebrate! Feel free to send Dan notes of encouragement (be sure to ask to see his new shoes, because he's super excited about them)...and we'll keep you posted on how the training goes.

1 comment:

Brett and Catherine said...

YAY!!!! I love this blog post (even if I am seeing weeks after you put it up). We are SO excited about the trip. We need to see you guys soon :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin